Management Sciences for Health Vacancy- ABUJA
Job ID: 09-107CLM
# of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 10-31-08
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, Finance and Operations, the position holder will carry out independent appraisals of the effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards by which LMS’s financial resources are managed. S/he will review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and the safeguard of assets. S/he will plan, perform and report back on internal audits to ensure that financial control, financial guidelines of donor organization and other control procedures are in place and are being properly implemented and managed within LMS/Nigeria’s offices. He will also be responsible for advising and monitoring quality standards of operations and value for money.
Finance and Budget Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Examine the adequacy and appropriateness of internal controls and compliance within LMS/Nigeria’s policy framework
2. Conduct internal audits of Abuja office functions and field offices
3. Design, plan and undertake specific internal audit procedures (in accordance with MSH and donor standards)
4. Test internal controls, target in particular high risk areas; document any weaknesses and their impact, and make recommendations to address these weaknesses
5. Assess value for money and make recommendations for improvement.
6. Review and discuss all internal audit findings with the Deputy Director, Finance and Operations.
7. Advise on quality standards, risk management policy and systems.
8. Follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations and management action plans
9. Carry out inspections of LMS/Nigeria field activities
10. Where necessary, carry out investigations of alleged fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets or any other
11. For each assignment, prepare a written report to present findings and conclusions to management.
12. Make recommendations to management and suggestions for improving the overall internal control environment;
13. Provide ad-hoc advice, helping LMS/Nigeria staff to achieve the goal of establishing sound risk management and internal control systems; offer practical advice on how best to comply with financial policy, PEPFAR and other donor guidelines.
14. Respond to management queries in relation to LMS/Nigeria’s internal control environment.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director, Finance and Operations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Strong understanding of risk management and internal control issues
2. Strong numeric and analytical skills
3. Good communication and report writing skills
4. Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times
5. Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines
6. Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background
7. Good experience of using QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft packages
8. Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications
9. Proficiency in the use of software applications, database and spreadsheets
10. Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
11. Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
12. Ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely
13. Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
1. A university degree in accounting or finance; possession of a relevant second degree will be an advantage
2. Good financial management and budgeting skills within a project management and development framework
3. Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses
4. Experience in financial reporting, and financial management systems applications
5. CPA. ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is desired
6. Minimum of 7 years of experience of which 3 years must be in internal control functions
7. Familiarity with USAID donor-funded programs an advantage
To apply for this position, please click here and register
GE- Oil and Gas sourcing Leader.- NIGERIA
CITY: Lagos/ Port Harcourt
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
This is a key role at GE Oil and Gas Nigeria facility located in Lagos/Port Harcourt.
Success in this position requires a skill set that includes industrial experience, good negotiating skills, sound business acumen, effective time management ability and a dedication to integrity in all aspects of the job.
# Develop Supply Chain Strategy for Nigeria liaising with GE O&G Florence HQ and all GE Infrastructure.
# Oversight of main purchasing process from receipt of purchase requisitions to Purchase Order award.
# Able to develop quotations requests to approved suppliers, to receive, evaluate, and condition relevant quotations, to conduct negotiations, to issue Purchase Orders.
# Lead, coach and supervise a team of several buyers in multiple locations.
# With input and direction from the management team, serve as champion for local key strategic sourcing initiatives, including scouting and conditioning (development) of new potential suppliers of goods and services in line with approved local content strategy
# Drive GE Global Sourcing initiatives locally including savings, on-time delivery, quality, Six Sigma and Supplier Scorecards.
# Serve as trigger and support GE Global Sourcing Supplier Quality Engineers as needed in the qualification and approval of new suppliers.
Proactively manage all demand activities with suppliers, including travel to sites when needed.
# Is accountable for driving EHS performance (working with the EHS group), with respect with compliance with programs and procedures, and fulfillment of personal Goals & Objectives.
# Act as trigger for local due diligence requirements (working with the supplier approvals team)
# Assume ownership of all key/strategic relationship management requirements; conducting regular/periodic business review sessions and reporting accordingly (Ethics & Integrity to be an item on every agenda)
# A substantial depth of work experience of which at a large portion must be in procurement.
# Bachelors degree in an Engineering or Business/Finance curriculum at an accredited college or university.
# Excellent Leadership skills, critical & creative thinker with hands-on negotiation skills.
# Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Excellent relationship management & people skills.
# Fluent English, both spoken and written.
# Solid PC skills.
# Ability to interface effectively cross-functionally.
# Ability to motivate, influence and energize at all levels.
# Ability to work in an international, multicultural and uneasy environment.
# Self-driven, committed, can-do attitude.
# Action-driven strategic mindset.
# Motivated self-starter, with a passion for excellence and Integrity; with a solid execution track record, willing to contribute in building a world-class sourcing basis.
# Time management skills of sufficient breadth to handle a heavy workload, constantly changing priorities, and constant deadline demands.
# A proactive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and a sense of urgency with regard to meeting job deadlines.
# Available to travel also on short notice to both domestic and international destinations.
# Mechanical aptitude of sufficient depth to read/understand parts, fabrication and machining drawings and to engage in technical discussions with suppliers and internal technical personnel.
# Language other than English.
# Internal Auditor certified.
# International experience in emerging Countries.
# Knowledge of GE Oil&Gas business organization.
# Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (GE Employees only).
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge. (www.geoilandgas.com)
GE Oil & Gas recently acquired Vetco Gray, a 5,000 employee company, with a century of experience and innovation in the oil and gas industry, Vetco Gray is a leading supplier of products, systems and services for onshore and offshore drilling and production. The strong reputation of the company's products and services is a reflection of the drive and talent of its diverse, global workforce - Vetco Gray is present in more than 60 locations over 30 countries worldwide.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Status: Full Time, Employee
Job RefCode: GEINFOG/821375/WB472
To apply for this position or view other positions in Nigeria Click here