Images sent from Kaduna Nigeria, aftermath of political violence following President Goodluck Jonathan winning the presidential elections in Nigeria.

After achieving one of the most succesful and peaceful elections in Nigeria, these are the images now being broadcast globally.

Protest in the North lead to killing of innocent citizens of Nigeria.

The leader of the Opposition party CPC Muhammadu Buhari has already disassociated himself from the violence

“I must say that this is a dastardly act not initiated by any of our supporters and therefore cannot be supported by our party,” he said. “To disassociate myself and the Congress for Progressive Change from any such act, I must emphasize that this is purely a political matter, and it should not in any way be turned into an ethnic, religious or regional one,” he said.- Buhari.


These are some recent images from Kaduna:







Thanks Ibukun!


Voting has commenced, Nigeria Decides

The voting has commenced succesfully at  this unit, loads of international observers and lots of dignitaries at this polling station, Hopefully,  the observers are spread out like this  across the country in rural areas also because we need this to work.


Inec officials proving to the public the ballot boxes are empty before commencing with the voting.


Former FCT minister Nasir El-Rufai in the line waiting to exercise his franchise.


International observers on the scene from National Democratic Institute USA (NDI)


Abujacity.com_Back_of line

The system of having men and women line up differently meant there was a shorter line for women but all the same a reasonable turnout altogether. Nigeria decides.


Just completed the Accreditation process PU:37/06/04/028 Abuja

The Accreditation process is a manual verification at your PU checking your Voters card against the printout of registered voters in that same unit.


One problem i see here is many people registered wherever they could at the time e.g place of work , home town etc

If there is restricted movement many of these people will be unable to vote unless there is a way of rectifying this situation.


Despite the early turn out of voters and all the security personnel attached to this polling unit, there was an absence this morning of INEC officials at the official start time of 8.00am for at least 2 hours we waited therby making it impossible to complete the accreditation within the time frame prescribed.

We witnessed NTA reporters on ground and various observers taking note of the situation.